Access to VUconnect requires registration, and registration is open only to Vanderbilt University alumni (including medical house officers/fellows) and students.
To register, you’ll need to identify yourself, and you’ll need to provide your four-digit code. Then you’ll choose your user ID and password, and you’re connected. You’ll only need your code to register on your first visit to VUconnect. On future visits, all you’ll need to enter is your user name and password.
Step 1: Enter your information.
• In the first step, you’ll enter your first and last name and your 4-digit security code. You can find this code in the VUconnect card or email you received from Vanderbilt recently on the mailing label of Vanderbilt Magazine or other Vanderbilt magazines you receive; your code is the last four digits of the long number above your name on the label.)
If you need help getting your code, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call the Help Desk at (615) 322-5578. Help is available weekdays 8:30 a.m. – 5 p.m. CST.
• If you can’t find your name, check for misspellings. Check that you have supplied your name and other data correctly.
If you’re still unable to find your name, email email@example.com or call the Help Desk at (615) 322-5578. Help is available weekdays 8:30 a.m. – 5 p.m. CST.
Step 2: Select your username and password
Once you’ve entered your data and clicked the Find My Record button, the system should automatically find you and now you are ready to create your username and password.
About your user name and password
• If the system tells you you’re already registered - you don't need to register again. Simply enter your user name and password when prompted. If you’ve forgotten your user ID or password, go to the VUconnect home page—or within the Account Services area, click on "Forgot your user ID / password?"
• If you don’t remember registering, however, or if you are still having difficulty, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call the Help Desk at (615) 322-5578. Help is available weekdays 8:30 a.m. – 5 p.m. CST.
• If the system tells you your four-digit VUconnect code doesn’t match use the Back button on your process to go to the previous screen. Verify the information you entered, and try again.
• If you’re still told the code doesn’t match, click here and supply the biographical information requested. That information will go directly to Vanderbilt’s VUconnect administrator at our Help Desk. You’ll get an email from us when we’ve solved the problem, so please be sure to include your email address.
All users of VUconnect are expected to adhere to certain norms in their use of the system, their interaction with other users, and their treatment of the information that the system provides. In order to register for VUconnect, you must first read and agree to these terms and conditions. To acknowledge your agreement, select the Accept button on the registration form when asked the question "Do you accept the above terms and conditions?"
Vanderbilt is committed to your privacy and the privacy of your info, which is password-protected to allow access by registered users only. VUconnect’s online directory is a secure area that can only be accessed by registered alumni and students. It is not made public. The information resides on a secure server (the URL switches to https: from http: when this feature is accessed). You have complete control over the information displayed, and you can update or hide your profile information (or any elements of it) at any time.
Vanderbilt does not and will not sell, provide or share alumni, student or friend information to any third party. All information is strictly reserved for use by individual alumni, students or friends for personal use and by Vanderbilt for university-related purposes only.