Black Alumni Chapter
The purpose of James Madison University Black Alumni Chapter is to support the University in its efforts to recruit, retain, and ensure the successful matriculation of African American students; to foster and maintain positive relationships between African American students and alumni; to support the James Madison University Alumni Association in all of its efforts to promote long-lasting, positive relationships between alumni and the University.
The mission of the JMU BAC is to serve as an instrument to promote positive relationships between the JMU African American student community, JMU African American alumni, and the University; to serve as a network of support to the JMU African American student community.
Message from the President's Corner
Black Alumni Chapter (BAC) - Membership
JMU continues to make incredible strides and the Black Alumni Chapter continues to strive to play an integral role in many of these accomplishments. So, if you ask yourself what you can do, here are a few simple things:
- Update your contact information so that we may keep you well informed of all of the current and latest events taking place at JMU.
- LET'S TAKE ON THE CHALLENGE and BE THE CHANGE for JMU - Give to the JMU Black Alumni Scholarship by making an individual commitment to giving a minimum of $25/year for the next five years. This is a tax deductible contribution. Instructions on how to give directly to the JMU Black Alumni Chapter:
- To receive tax credit for your contribution, select "Designate your gift",
- Select "Give Now"
- In the Gift Information section of the form, select "Other"
- In the "Other" box type JMU Black Alumni Chapter Scholarship
- Volunteer with the JMU Black Alumni Chapter and play an active role in the chapter. Any role is never too small. To do so, please contact BlackAlumniChpt@alumni.jmu.edu;
- Mark your calendar now to attend Homecoming, annually!
- Save the date for our bi-annual JMU Black Alumni Reunion Weekend event, featuring Madison Mahogany Memoirs - M3 held every even number year.
- Share your experiences at JMU with a prospective student and refer prospective students our way!
- Like the BAC Facebook page for upcoming events and to stay informed.
- Visit and reference the Admissions - Multicultural Recruitment website.
View all Alumni Chapters