First of all I want to thank all the participants for supporting our SE Michigan BC alumni chapter. For a group that just started last spring we had five events on the calendar that drew people from various parts of SE Michigan. I want to thank especially Laura Hindy, MBA '93, for helping with the event planning and Emily Krol, '08, for setting us up on Face Book. Here is a list of our past events for 2009:
- Orchard Lake Country Club, Spring Reception
- Champps, Social Gathering
- PI of Southfield, Wine Tasting
- Run Wild at the Detroit Zoo, Fun Run
- Meadow Brook Hall, Rochester, Fall Reception
This coming year I would like to reach out and ask for more help in co-coordinating volunteer efforts. In addition to fun filled social events I would like to suggest that we, SE Michigan BC Alumni chapter, contribute to volunteerism. Some of the suggestions are:
- a project of worthy cause in the City of Detroit
- a project to help our troops that serve overseas / or veterans
- assist high school kids with the admission process to BC
- a project to help the disadvantaged
- get involved with schools to aid students
As always I would appreciate your feedback. Let's get together sometime in the second half of January and put forth an action plan for 2010.
For anybody that likes to join the steering committee, please contact me via e-mail or call my cell phone 248.953.3317.
Thank you for supporting the SE Michigan BC alumni chapter. I look forward to hearing from you.
Wishing you all the Best for 2010.
Peter I Beswerchij, MS '89
Chapter Photo Gallery
Click here to check out photos from BC's Eighth Annual National Day of Service!
Join the Alumni Online Community!
The Boston College Alumni Online Community provides alumni with more resources than ever to connect with each other and with BC. Some of the features include:
- Social networking tools
- Improved career networking resources
- Photo galleries
- Access to CareerBeam, a database of job opportunities and industry contacts
Visit the new Alumni Online Community today to get started!
Volunteer as a Career Network Advisor
Share your professional expertise with your fellow Eagles who are just getting started in their careers, or with alums who are changing careers. Click on the Career Advisor Network link within the new Alumni Online Community to volunteer.